Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Yup, I'm bragging and I don't giva fuck"

Song Title: Two Seater
Album: 12 Play: Fourth Quarter, 2008

Full Verse:
Yeah, man I gotta lot of hoes
Yup, I'm bragging I got alot of clothes
Yup, I'm bragging I got alot of cars
Yup, I'm bragging, bitch I'm a superstar
And Yup I'm bragging I got alot of ice
Yup, I'm bragging got stunners on at night
Yup, I'm bragging I'm ballin in the club
Yup, I'm bragging and I don't giva fuck

Well, at least we don't have to worry about R.'s self confidence.

This seems at first glance to be a far cry from his earlier reflections on his continuing prosperity and fame- (see: "I appreciate them for supportin R.Kelly" , where he is much more humble about his success) . Though I guess these lyrics don't imply he's not still grateful. He's just simultaneously calling us bitch and bragging about how much stuff he has.

Fair enough.

He is, after all, R. Kelly.

1 comment:

Kelly Sharp said...

I see this line as though we're watching R. Kelly talk on the phone with his mother. We can't hear what the other person has just said, but we can presume it was something like, "Wait one minute, Robert. Is that bragging I hear?"

To which he replies "Yup, I'm bragging and I don't give a fuck, etc. etc."

Is that any way to talk to your mother, R.?

 

fentanyl